Be Aware of "Backover" or "Frontover" Accidents
Our good friend Cory from Snap Social Media sent this to us. We thought this would be a helpful post and an important reminder to prevent an accident that would be devastating for any family.
On Friday July 22nd the following Community Message was issued by the Hennepin County Sheriff’s Office.
Be aware of the risk of “backover” or “frontover” incidents — tragedies that involve a vehicle running over a child in a driveway or parking lot.
- Walk all the way around your parked vehicle to check for children – or anything that can attract a child like pets or toys – under or behind your vehicle before getting in and starting the engine.
- Accompany young children when they get in and out of a vehicle.
- Identify and use safe play areas for children away from parked or moving vehicles. Block driveways so cars cannot enter and exit.
- Designate a safe spot within a driverâ€™s sight for children to wait when nearby vehicles are about to move.
- Firmly hold the hand of each child when walking near moving vehicles and when in driveways, in parking lots or on sidewalks.
Information from Safe Kids USA (www.safekidsusa.org)