The problem is not that parents don’t love their kids. The problem is that it’s tougher than ever for parents to love their kids in a way that their kids experience that love. Parents’ positive intentions often land on their kids as control, or meddling, or condescension. Kids’ hearts become less inclined toward their parents, not more inclined. And through the power of media kids have more places to “run” to get validated for their angst than at any time in history. Reversing this dynamic starts by looking at your well intended efforts on your kids’ behalf through their eyes. If what you’re doing makes sense to you and not to them, then you have some work to do. We’re here to help.
Connected Families exists to bring uncommon grace and truth to those parents longing for more than simple answers and quick fixes. We are delighted you’ve stumbled upon us and we pray that God would use us as a vehicle to transform your family.
Our weekly email delivers grace, truth and encouragement – straight to your inbox!
You have again delivered such a powerful idea. Thank you. You helped me see a key piece of deep wisdom to help me understand why relationships between parents and kids can feel so disconnected and inauthentic and painful. Through your words today I have put something together in my brain that I had not previously connected. I am deeply grateful for these kinds of aha moments. – Kim
Since 1993 co-founders Jim & Lynne Jackson have worked in the trenches with parents of all kinds outside of the Connected Families name – single parents, adoptive parents, parents of teens, parents of kids with intense behavior challenges, parents in blended families, parents of wealth and parents in poverty, and any other kind of parent you can think of. Jim & Lynne began Connected Families in 2002, and with their growing team, they are committed to bringing you content that will challenge, encourage, and equip you to be the thoughtful and confident parent you long to be.
Our Framework – Our Model for Parenting
This is a brief introduction to our parenting framework. You can learn more about our framework here.
The basic idea is this: When parents make a primary goal of getting their children to behave right, parents and kids generally become adversaries. But when parents learn to focus first on helping their children grow into healthy, biblically-based belief about themselves and the world, these parents become allies with their kids and gain great influence in their lives. So we equip parents with a new primary goal, one that positions them as allies instead of adversaries. That goal: Bring the gospel of grace and truth to life for your kids.
How we partner with you
- We coach parents individually and in small groups. We hear in real time what unique challenges parents are facing and work with them to bring grace and wisdom to their families, as they apply our foundational principles in practical, creative ways.
- We conduct seminars and workshops independently and in partnership with churches. These presentations are dynamic, with much interaction and dialogue.
- We’ve written a couple of well-received books. One of them expands on the Connected Families framework and one is about how to communicate these four powerful messages when kids misbehave .
- We write parenting tips every week from our current experience about creative solutions to common parenting challenges, as well as proactive ways to develop kids’ faith, values and skills. We post our writings frequently on our blog, in a weekly emailed newsletter, and on social networks like Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.
- We engage our online audience as personally as we can. When you face a challenge contact us, and we’ll do our best to attend to your question within 24 hours.
This is the parenting message I’ve been waiting for! When you read Jim and Lynne’s book you think to yourself, “This is the kind of parent I have always wanted to be, but never had the tools I needed to do it.” -John
Your book and training is life changing—it is unlike anything I have experienced before. Thanks so much. -Steven
- God is bigger and better than we can imagine and yet He desires to have a personal relationship with us.
- The Bible is God’s perfect guidebook for us.
- Jesus is God revealing Himself to us.
- God lives in and through His followers today through the Holy Spirit.
- God’s grace and our faith is how we begin and develop a growing relationship with God.
- God works through all things, including difficulties in the lives of those who follow Him.
- Heaven and hell are real places.
- Death is a beginning, not the end.
- The church exists to increase the reputation of God and to serve people, just as Jesus served people.
- Jesus is coming again.
For a more complete statement of Connected Families’ core beliefs, including Bible verses, click the link above.
Verses that Guide Us
We believe in the power of prayer. So we are inviting you to pray with us and for us. And to send us your prayer requests and praises, especially those that impact your family.
- Jim Jackson – Co-founder & President
- Lynne Jackson – Co-founder & Director of Content
- Anna Braasch – Executive Director
- Chad Hayenga – Director of Church Partnerships and Speaker
- Stacy Bellward – Online Course Moderator
- Jen Berge – Wordsmith
- Sharon Meschke – Office Manager
- Lanell Plath – Community Engagement Associate
- April Walker – Workshop and Outreach Coordinator
- Debi Allsup – Secretary
- Jay Allsup – Treasurer
- Lori Freeman
- Jim Jackson
- Dan McCormick
- Dave Scouler – Board Chair