The bond between parent and child is perhaps the most important of human bonds. It is the primary relationship for passing faith, values, and character to children. Sadly our culture is putting immense pressure on those relationships. Parents are left feeling confused and frustrated about how to best parent their children.
Connected Families is here to help parents who feel stuck in their current parenting challenges by offering practical, inspiring, and spiritual mentoring. The way of parenting you’ll learn here is infused with God’s grace and truth and informed by child-development research. Those who dig into our resources and learn the Connected Families ® Framework consistently report profound results and say such things as:
- “I am changed for good!”
- “Our relationships at home have greatly improved.”
- “This is the most encouraging way to parent that I’ve seen.”
- “Connected Families is my go-to parenting resource.”
The resources Connected Families offer take many forms:
- Daily Social media posts
- Weekly blog posts
- Hard copy resources
- Live workshops
- Online courses
- Parent coaching
Connected Families exists to bring uncommon grace and truth to those parents longing for more than simple answers and quick fixes. We are delighted you’ve stumbled upon us and we pray that God would use us as a vehicle to transform your family.
Our weekly email delivers grace, truth, and encouragement – straight to your inbox!
You have again delivered such a powerful idea. Thank you. You helped me see a key piece of deep wisdom to help me understand why relationships between parents and kids can feel so disconnected and inauthentic and painful. Through your words today I have put something together in my brain that I had not previously connected. I am deeply grateful for these kinds of aha moments. – Kim
As young Christian parents, and as professionals working with other people’s kids, Connected Families co-founders Jim and Lynne Jackson were dissatisfied with the parenting resources available to them. The conventional prescriptions for parenting they encountered left them feeling confused and frustrated. So they started digging wherever they could to answer the question, “What makes a great parent?”
Jim and Lynne began searching the Bible with fresh eyes and studying research and psychological resources. By also keenly observing the kids and families they served, Jim and Lynne came to understand a simple but powerful description of every great parent they knew. They captured that description in a simple framework in 1993 that has since helped tens of thousands of parents become the parents they want to be. The framework, now called the Connected Families Framework®, describes four powerful actions great parents take, and four messages those actions communicate to their kids.
Combined, Jim and Lynne have over 50 years working professionally with children, teens, and their parents. Prior to Connected Families, Lynne worked as a ministry associate in a large local church, and then as a pediatric occupational therapist with kids who had sensory and behavioral challenges. Jim worked as a youth pastor, and then Outreach Director with TreeHouse, serving high-risk teens.
Our Framework – Our Model for Parenting
This is a brief introduction to our parenting framework. You can learn more about our framework here.
The basic idea is this: When parents make a primary goal of getting their children to behave right, parents and kids generally become adversaries. But when parents learn to focus first on helping their children grow into healthy, biblically-based belief about themselves and the world, these parents become allies with their kids and gain great influence in their lives. So we equip parents with a new primary goal, one that positions them as allies instead of adversaries. That goal: Bring the gospel of grace and truth to life for your kids.
How we partner with you
- We coach parents individually and in small groups. We hear in real time what unique challenges parents are facing and work with them to bring grace and wisdom to their families, as they apply our foundational principles in practical, creative ways.
- We conduct seminars and workshops independently and in partnership with churches. These presentations are dynamic, with much interaction and dialogue.
- We’ve written a couple of well-received books. One of them expands on the Connected Families framework and one is about how to communicate these four powerful messages when kids misbehave.
- We write parenting tips every week from our current experience about creative solutions to common parenting challenges, as well as proactive ways to develop kids’ faith, values and skills. We post our writings frequently on our blog, in a weekly emailed newsletter, and on social networks like Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.
- We engage our online audience as personally as we can. When you face a challenge contact us, and we’ll do our best to attend to your question within 24 hours.
This is the parenting message I’ve been waiting for! When you read Jim and Lynne’s book you think to yourself, “This is the kind of parent I have always wanted to be, but never had the tools I needed to do it.” -John
Your book and training is life changing—it is unlike anything I have experienced before. Thanks so much. -Steven
- God is bigger and better than we can imagine and yet He desires to have a personal relationship with us.
- The Bible is God’s perfect guidebook for us.
- Jesus is God revealing Himself to us.
- God lives in and through His followers today through the Holy Spirit.
- God’s grace and our faith is how we begin and develop a growing relationship with God.
- God works through all things, including difficulties in the lives of those who follow Him.
- Heaven and hell are real places.
- Death is a beginning, not the end.
- The church exists to increase the reputation of God and to serve people, just as Jesus served people.
- Jesus is coming again.
For a more complete statement of Connected Families’ core beliefs, including Bible verses, click the link above.
Verses that Guide Us
We believe in the power of prayer. So we are inviting you to pray with us and for us. And to send us your prayer requests and praises, especially those that impact your family.
- Jim Jackson – Co-founder & President
- Lynne Jackson – Co-founder & Director of Content
- Anna Braasch – Executive Director
- Chad Hayenga – Director of Church Partnerships and Speaker
- Stacy Bellward – Online Course Moderator
- Jen Berge – Wordsmith
- Sharon Meschke – Office Manager
- Lanell Plath – Community Engagement Associate
- April Walker – Workshop and Outreach Coordinator
- Debi Allsup – Secretary
- Jay Allsup – Treasurer
- Lori Freeman
- Jim Jackson
- Dan McCormick
- Dave Scouler – Board Chair