Wondering about disciplining an explosive child? You’re not alone! In fact, what to do with kid’s anger is one of our most frequent inquiries here at Connected Families. Aggressive behavior and explosive anger are intense challenges, and there is hope for change as you and your child build skills.
In today’s episode, Jessica Brandon (Connected Families Certified Parent Coach) joins Lynne Jackson (Connected Families Co-Founder) and Stacy Bellward (podcast host) to discuss the anger spectrum and practical ideas you can use to help a child with explosive anger. Jessica shares her personal experiences with her intense kids and insights as a parent coach to leave you encouraged about helping your child with anger.
In this podcast you’ll discover:
- what’s happening inside your child when they have explosive anger
- the spectrum of anger expression (from explosive to indirect to hidden)
- ways to build the skill of respectful anger
- insights to help a child who refuses to move past anger
- proactive skills you can use to help a child with explosive anger
- when to “worry” about toddler aggression
Thanks for listening to today’s podcast. Check out our website for more resources to support your parenting, and don’t forget to reach out if you have questions. We are a listener-supported podcast, so your donation fuels our work! It is our joy to walk the parenting journey with you as you parent your kids in God’s grace and truth.
Mentioned in this podcast:
- Anger spectrum blog post
- Ephesians 4:26
- Proverbs 12:8
- Proverbs 10:18
- Ephesians 4:25
- Learning Respectful Anger FREE printable PDF for parents to teach kids
- Discipline That Connects With Your Child’s Heart online course – Register Today!
Jessica Brandon is a mom to three energetic kiddos. She has a B.A. in Psychology with a Minor in Human Development and Family Studies and a Masters Degree in Christian Ministries. She believes one of the greatest gifts we can give our children is to parent them with the Father’s heart. The Connected Families Framework captures this so well! She would love to partner with you and empower you with tools to love and connect with your children. You can find her at: jessbrandoncoaching.com and on Instagram @jessbrandon_coaching.