Prayer is a meaningful faith practice that you probably want to pass on to your kids, but teaching your kids to pray may feel overwhelming. You may feel unsure how to answer your kid’s questions about prayer or how to incorporate regular prayer times with them into your daily life.
In today’s podcast, Stephanie Thurling (author and co-founder of Raising Prayerful Kids) joins Stacy Bellward (podcast host) to talk about teaching children to pray in meaningful ways. Stephanie’s experience working with youth and families inspired her to start her ministry equipping parents to pray with their children.
In this podcast you’ll discover:
- practical tools you can use for how to pray with your child
- how to create moments of connection through blessing prayers
- ways to use the Bible to guide prayer with your kids
- common pitfalls parents experience when they try to teach their kids to pray (and what to do about them!)
We hope that you have been encouraged by today’s podcast, and we look forward to getting to know you. Please check out our website, and don’t forget to reach out if you need help. It is a joy to be able to walk with you as you parent your kids in God’s grace and truth!
Mentioned in this podcast:
- Connected Families Parenting Strengths Assessment
- Lectio Divina
- Raising Prayerful Kids Book
- Raising Prayerful Kids Ministry
Steph Thurling is co-founder of Raising Prayerful Kids, a ministry that equips parents to pray with their kids in meaningful ways. She has her master’s degree in youth, family, and culture from Fuller Theological Seminary and worked in youth ministry for several years before deciding to stay home with her kids.
Does your child need help calming down?
Would a free course presenting you 7 sensory strategies to calm your child be useful?
If yes, take our FREE online course 7 Practical Calming Strategies for Kids.