Are you tired of your kids constantly asking for screen time? Would you like to feel better equipped to navigate the use of media in your home? Perhaps you need tools to help you in developing a screen plan for your family and reset expectations around screen use. You certainly aren’t alone! Many parents in this hyper-digital age feel the same way.
In today’s podcast, Arlene Pellicane, author of Screen Kids, joins Stacy Bellward (podcast host) for a conversation about being intentional and wise with technology in your home. You’ll hear the research and the heart behind Arlene’s desire to help parents develop a comprehensive plan for screens.
In this podcast you’ll discover:
- the effects of screens on emotional health and brain development in children and young adults
- positive ways your family can engage with technology
- the difference between digital vegetables and digital candy
- how to develop a detailed technology plan for your family
- proactive ways to be intentional about tech as your children grow
- ideas to consider as you think about allowing your child to have a phone
We hope that you have been encouraged by today’s podcast, and we look forward to getting to know you. Please check out our website, and don’t forget to reach out if you need help. It is a joy to be able to walk with you as you parent your kids in God’s grace and truth!
Mentioned in this podcast:
- Gabb Wireless Phone for Kids – referral link from Arlene for a $25 coupon
- Screen Kids book
- Grandparenting Screen Kids
- The Social Dilemma documentary
- 60 Creative Ways to Get Kids Moving and Laughing (Free Resource)
- Social media contest on Instagram and Facebook
- Covenant Eyes web browser
- Arlene’s interview with John Foubert about protecting kids from pornography
- We are a listener-supported podcast. Make a donation today!
Arlene Pellicane is a speaker, host of the Happy Home podcast, and author of several books, including Parents Rising, 31 Days to a Happy Husband, and Screen Kids. Arlene has been featured on the Today Show, Fox & Friends, the Wall Street Journal, and Focus on the Family. Arlene lives in San Diego with her husband, James, and their three children.
To learn more, visit her website at ArlenePellicane.com and check out her masterclasses at HappyHomeUniversity.com
60 Ways to Get Kids Moving and Laughing
Fun movement helps keep everyone sane!
This list of over 60 ideas includes activities to calm angsty kids, as they also gain strength, balance, and coordination… all with a good dose of learning and laughter.