You’ve just had a family event and might still be recovering from the overt or passive-aggressive comments from extended family about your kids’ behavior and your parenting choices. Family gatherings can be HARD…especially if we sense that external pressure is shifting our parenting style to avoid criticism.
On this podcast Jim and Lynne Jackson tackle this tough and timely issue. In today’s episode you’ll learn:
- How to graciously talk to your parents (or other family members) about your parenting goals.
- How to stay consistent and confident in your own parenting.
- How to prep your kids for success at family gatherings.
Listen in and be encouraged. You’ll be ready for any extended family gatherings (birthday parties, Christmas, Easter, reunions, etc.) as you make a commitment to stay consistent and confident in your own parenting.
Want to dig deeper? Check out these helpful family gathering resources:
- Read “3 Steps For Success in Holiday Chaos”.
- Read “What To Do When Relatives Criticize Your Parenting”.
- Read “Family Gatherings: Who’s In Charge” .
- If you have a child who struggles with sensory sensitivities, share “Viewing Your Child Through a Different Lens” with your family.
- Buy our Framework Magnet ($2!) to have handy as you explain your parenting goals.
- Encourage your parents, grandparents, or interested relatives to download and read, “4 Messages Every Child Longs to Hear.”
Like what you hear? Be sure to subscribe to Connected Families podcasts so you don’t miss a single episode!
Sign up below to receive a weekly dose of encouragement straight to your inbox: