What comes to your mind when you hear the word “legacy”? We feel inspired when we hear stories about the legacy of someone who has made an impact in the world. Hearing these stories may inspire you to want to leave a valuable legacy of your own. OR maybe that idea feels painful to you. You might have regrets and wonder if it’s too late to leave the legacy you had hoped for.
Whatever your experience, take heart and be strengthened that today is a new day! This podcast will guide you in taking steps to leave a legacy of faith for future generations.
In today’s podcast, Jim Jackson (co-founder of Connected Families) and Chad Hayenga (Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist and Connected Families Coach) discuss how to leave a legacy of faith for your kids. During the month of June, in recognition of Father’s Day, we are focusing on topics geared towards issues that dads often encounter, as they seek to lead with grace. (Moms, listen in too! There’s loads of encouragement here for you as well.)
Leaving a legacy is purposefully planting seeds of hope, life, and generosity. It means trusting God’s love to make those seeds grow. It’s never too late to leave a legacy!
In this podcast, you’ll learn:
- Practical and thoughtful ways of leaving a legacy of faith for your child
- How to handle shame and past regrets, and leave a new legacy starting today
- The importance of authenticity as a parent, and sharing your own testimony of how God has worked in your life
- The value of celebrating God’s blessings as a family and sharing those blessings with others
Mentioned in this podcast:
- C.S. Lewis quote
- Matthew 6:19-21
- 1 Corinthians 3:6-8
- 1 Thessalonians 2:11-12
- Joshua 4:21-22
- Deut 6:4-9
- Sibling Conflict Online Course
Take 10 to 15 minutes to find out your strengths and challenges with our free parenting assessment.