Connected Families Certified Parent Coach Katie Johnson talks with Stacy about how prayer can help transform your parenting.
Have you ever wished you could deepen your prayer life? Or does it feel difficult to find time for meaningful prayer in your day-to-day life with kids? In this episode, Katie Johnson (Connected Families Certified Parent Coach) and Stacy Bellward, podcast host, explore prayer from a fresh, practical perspective. Katie shares ideas for prayer that are rooted in scripture and easy for parents to implement.
In this podcast you’ll discover:
- Ways to pray using scripture that are accessible at any moment with whatever time you have
- How to use the phrases “Thank you,” “Yes,” and “Help” to create prayers from Bible passages
- How Scripture can act as a guardrail for your prayers when you are desperate and hurting
- Ideas to model prayer for your kids and grow their joy-filled connection with God
Thanks for listening to today’s podcast. Check out our website for more resources to support your parenting, and don’t forget to reach out if you have questions. We are a listener-supported podcast, so your donation fuels our work! It is our joy to walk the parenting journey with you as you parent your kids in God’s grace and truth.
Mentioned in this podcast:
- Free PDF – Refresh Your Parenting With Prayer (see below)
- Psalms Journal
- Psalm 84:11
- James 1:17
- Proverbs 18:10
- Episode 139: How To Help Siblings Stop Fighting All the Time
Katie Johnson is a Connected Families Certified Parent Coach and lives in Madison, WI, with her family. She worked for many years in education and is now beginning the homeschool journey with her 3 young children. She received her M.Ed. from Valparaiso University and currently serves on the board of Safe Families, Dane County. You can find out more about Katie on our Coaching page.
Give “change” to others
Connected Families relies on your generosity so more families can experience “aha” moments of grace.