“My child never sleeps!” Bedtime struggles can feel like a losing battle. Does bedtime leave you feeling completely drained? Your child wants another glass of water or another bedtime story. They’re afraid of the dark. Or overflowing with wound-up energy from the day.
You are exhausted. Frustrated. And if your child is struggling to sleep, you are struggling to sleep!
Sleep is so important! Kids not going to sleep (or staying asleep) is a frequent concern we hear from parents during coaching sessions. If you feel like you have tried everything and wonder why nothing is working, you’re in the same boat as so many other sleep-deprived families!
As parents we sometimes want to push through this time to bring some peace to the end of our day. But what if bedtime could be a way to tap into your child’s heart in a way that makes them feel safe, understood, and loved? What if you change your mindset to see that when your child is struggling to sleep this could be an opportunity for deep connection?
It really can be! You can transform difficult bedtime routines into an opportunity for a deep and lasting connection with your child. How? In this podcast, we’ll introduce you to a unique and holistic approach that gets to the heart of your child. We’ll give practical, science-based tips that you can use today.
Listen in as Stacy Bellward (podcast host) talks with Lynne Jackson, co-founder of Connected Families, Occupational Therapist, and author of Transform Bedtime Struggles into Nighttime Snuggles. Together they discuss ways to help prepare both you and your child for a peaceful night of rest. This conversation is loaded with brain science and helpful tools and you won’t want to miss it!
This podcast dives deep into:
- obstacles that can hinder your kids from a good night’s sleep (some of them might surprise you!)
- the science of sleep and specific ways lack of sleep can affect your kids
- practical and holistic sleep solutions that really work
- ways to calm your child’s body, mind, heart, and spirit to help them sleep
- how a connected approach to bedtime can bring peace to your evenings
Mentioned in this podcast:
- Transforming Bedtime Struggles into Nighttime Snuggles by Lynne Jackson, OTR
- Why We Sleep by Matthew Walker, PhD
- The Opposite of Worry by Lawrence Cohen, PhD
- Dr. Roberto Olivardia Talks About Kids With ADHD and Sleep Challenges (podcast)
- Psalm 4:8
- Isaiah 41:13
The sweet bedtime cuddles you dream of deteriorate far too often into mayhem. You’ve got this! Bring peace to your child’s body, mind, heart, and spirit. So they (and you!) can sleep well. Download and read our FREE in-depth ebook Transform Bedtime Struggles into Nighttime Snuggles.