We all want a peaceful home where kids feel safe. But sometimes safety is hard to attain, especially when life is stressful. How do we respond during hard parenting moments? How can we do better at walking in peace and joy with our kids? In this podcast Jim and Lynne Jackson, co-founders of Connected Families, dive into creating a culture of safety at home. Applying what you learn as you listen can impact your family for generations to come.
In this podcast you’ll learn to:
- look inward and ask the question, “What’s going on in ME?”.
- build a strong foundation for parenting, knowing who you are in Christ.
- show your kids, in a way they can understand, that you are a flawed human.
- communicate “You are safe with me,” in practical ways that can help your kids build a solid foundation on God’s grace and truth.
Mentioned in this podcast:
- Blog post: Let Go of Shiny Grab Hold of Grace
- Blog post: How to Parent Together When You’re Total Opposites
- I Thessalonians 2 as a parenting chapter in the Bible
Like what you hear? Don’t forget to subscribe, rate, and review Connected Families podcasts so you don’t miss a single episode and others can find us more easily!
We are excited to offer a Connected Families Framework magnet to you for only $5! (This price even includes shipping and handling!) It can help remind you of all you are learning through the podcasts. Order one for your fridge, your bathroom mirror, your car, or wherever you might need a quick reminder as you seek to lead your family with grace. (Live outside the United States? You can print a copy of the framework here.)