My child won’t listen! Sound familiar? If you’ve had that exasperated thought recently, you’re not alone. Obedience and cooperation are common struggles most families encounter. There may be a disconnect between your good intentions and what your kids experience and believe. That disconnect can fuel these listening troubles.
In today’s conversation, Chad Hayenga (Connected Families Director of Education & Equipping) and Lydia Rex (Connected Families Parent Coach) join Stacy Bellward (podcast host) to share a really practical skill for parents. It’s not a tip or a trick to manipulate behavior, but a fresh way to engage with your kids that invites cooperation. This skill is part of our Discipline That Connects With Your Child’s Heart online course that’s loaded with practical ideas and resources to change the atmosphere in your home. If this conversation is helpful, you’ll love the online course. Registration is open now, and you can start Session 1 today!
In this podcast you’ll discover:
- possible underlying struggles for kids who aren’t listening
- common disconnects between parents’ good intentions and kids’ experiences
- ways that your discipline sends messages that form your child’s identity
- how “slow, low, listen” provides a way to engage with your child and receive from the Lord what you need in tough moments
- the powerful dynamic shift that can happen with your child when you take the time to be a compassionate team leader
Thanks for listening to today’s podcast. Check out our website for more resources to support your parenting, and don’t forget to reach out if you have questions. We are a listener-supported podcast, so your donation fuels our work! It is our joy to walk the parenting journey with you as you parent your kids in God’s grace and truth.
Mentioned in this podcast:
- Discipline That Connects With Your Child’s Heart online course-Register Today!
- Stickers! Slow, Low, Listen, plus others!
- 1 Corinthians 10:13