You have work to do and need to move on from playing with your child. They don’t want you to go. And they whine. They fuss. What can you do when your child struggles to transition?
You asked. We answered! Everyday we receive pressing questions about a wide range of parenting topics. We consider it a privilege to walk this journey with those who are experiencing some of the most challenging aspects of discipline and parent-child connection. And we love to answer listener questions!
Stacy Bellward (moderator for our Discipline That Connects with Your Child’s Heart online course) is joined by Jim and Lynne Jackson, co-founders of Connected Families. Jim and Lynne answer some of the most frequently asked listener questions we hear in our online courses and beyond. This is the first of a two-part series. You’ll definitely want to hear the answers to these questions!
In short: Your greatest opportunity to show unconditional love to your child is during a discipline situation!
In this episode we answer the questions:
- “How can I best calm myself when my child is struggling?”
- “What should I do when my child hits me?”
- “How can I make bedtime go more smoothly?”
- “My child wants to keep playing with me and I have things I have to do. What are some ways I can help them transition?”
It has not been an easy season of parenting for many of our listeners, and we would love to support you in making the tweaks that will bring lasting change. Join Stacy Bellward and hundreds of other parents from around the world for our upcoming Discipline That Connects online course. This course is offered only twice a year! (Your kids will thank you!)
Mentioned in this podcast:
- The Connected Families Framework for parenting
- Romans 5:8
- 2 Corinthians 10:5
Want to learn more?
- Register for our Discipline That Connects With Your Child’s Heart online course.
- Download our FREE eBook 4 Messages Every Child Longs to Hear.
- Check out our Connected Families Framework
- To get more insight into today’s topic check out: Safety First: Creating a Culture of Security and Well-Being in Your Home
Want to learn more about these concepts? Download our one hour recording of a Discipline That Connects workshop.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed