Today’s podcast is part two of a series on how the gospel informs the Connected Families Framework. Part one explored the gospel in the first three layers of the Framework. Today’s conversation will unpack how the gospel is woven into the final level of the Framework: Correct: “You are RESPONSIBLE for your actions.”
Stacy Bellward (podcast host) is joined by Connected Families Co-Founders Jim and Lynne Jackson for a conversation that is rich with scripture and reflection. Together, they dig into the true goal of discipline as you seek to correct your children when they misbehave.
In this podcast you’ll discover:
- how your approach to correction can have a powerful impact in-the-moment, and a lasting impact on your child’s openness to the Holy Spirit and discipleship to Christ
- ideas for modeling restoration and reconciliation in your home
- how the fruit of the Spirit can guide you to gently restore your child
- ways you can set the example of humility for your family
- that correction is ultimately about you becoming more like Jesus in a way that attracts your child to a life with Jesus
We hope that you have been encouraged by today’s podcast, and we look forward to getting to know you. Please check out our website, and don’t forget to reach out if you need help. It is a joy to walk with you as you parent your kids in God’s grace and truth!
The Gospel in Our Parenting, Part 1 | Ep. 107
Check out the first part of this podcast where we dig into how The Gospel informs the first three levels of the Framework.
Mentioned in this podcast:
- The Gospel In Our Parenting, Part 1 – Episode 107
- Sensitive & Intense Kids online course (Coming Soon!)
- Donate to Connected Families
- Request a meeting with CF Executive Director
- Romans 6:23
- 2 Corinthians 5:17-18
- Galatians 6:1
- Galatians 5:22-23 (Fruit of the Spirit)
- Hebrews 12:11
- Matthew 5:23-24
- Matthew 18
- Acts 3:19
- 2 Corinthians 7:1
Learn more about the Framework
Want to dig deeper into Connected Families’ Parenting Framework?
Get our FREE ebook, 4 Messages Every Child Longs to Hear.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed